Friday, January 30, 2009

Thursday Night Stamping....

I got to stamp with some friends last night and we had a good time....don't you always have a good time when you are stamping with friends? =) We have had a group that gets together and does a shoebox swap (all the card supplies for a project fit in a shoebox and everyone makes everyone else's project) but we haven't gotten together for a few months. It is fun to see what everyone comes up with for a project and you always get to try something new. Last night was no exception, and I will show you those projects later this weekend. However, today I am showing you the project I made. It is a simple card with all SU product. I haven't managed that in awhile, mostly because 85% of my SU product is retired. I should have a blowout sale huh? =)
Anyway, this card is made with one of my favorite sets Heartfelt Thanks. I have liked this set for a long time and it normally makes a very beautiful sypathy card, as well as others. I used my watercolor crayons for this project. I haven't used them for awhile....but they are still one of my favorite SU products. I colored directly on the stamp with brocade blue and night of navy and garden green and certainly celery for the stem. Then I spritzed the stamp with water (I used a hairspray travel bottle filled with water) and also spritzed the paper. The more water...the more watercolor look. I then took the outline stamp of the flower and used my SU markers to color night of navy for the center, brocade blue for the outside of the flower and old olive for the stem. I liked the definition this gave the flower. The center I colored with my gold spica glitter pen.

The card base is buckaroo blue (retired - sorry) with a strip of old olive. The background stamp is stamped in ballet blue and is the stamp En Francais. The saying "heartfelt" is stamped in Old Olive. The ribbon is celery wide organdy ribbon (retired SU).
That's all for today...Happy Friday!
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones