Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Valentine

We made this card (well one like it) at Stamp Night on Thursday. If you know me, you know I have a very hard time copying cards...I always have to change it up a little. This is the project idea my friend Marilyn came up with (Hi Marilyn), except her card used the scallop punch on the bottom edge and sayings from the new sale-a-bration catalog. If I would have been more alert on Thursday (too much wine) I would have taken a picture of her card...but I didn't. Maybe next time?

The card base is whisper white cut at 12x4 1/4" score on one side at 2" then flip and score again at 3 3/4". The brown is close to cocoa. I didn't measure it because I just worked with it until I got the look I liked. Just layer in the close to cocoa until you like it. I used my Martha Stewart scalloped heart punch again and punched an edge out of pink pirouette. The heart are embossed on pink pirouette with gold embossing powder using the heart from the Always set by SU. The two sayings are from the new Love Songs set by Lisa Johnson over at PTI. (BTW - Did you know they are having an anniversary this month. I can't wait.) The first saying I embossed in gold and the second was stamped in chocolate chip. I added a little heart to the top punched out with my Martha Stewart coordinating heart punch.

More V-day cards to come as I get to work on the kids' valentines this week. I have to get back to painting now....Happy Saturday and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones