Thursday, January 29, 2009

Namaste....

Hi there! Happy Thursday...I can't believe the week is almost over. Whew! Here is your happy and peaceful Thursday card.
I have been eyeing this Serenity set from MFT for almost a year and when I went on the "bender", I made sure it was in my cart. I am making a set of note cards for a friend who is a Buddhist for her birthday. I hope she will like them. This is the first in the set. I used bashful blue paper for the base of the card and stamped a background with the new Ocean Tides ink from PTI just to mix it up a little. Ocean Tides is just slightly darker than bashful blue. Me likey! Then I accented the card with basic black and stamped that asian doodad in white snow (PTI) and yes that is the technical term....sheesh...ya think I can just make this stuff up? The serenity girl was stamped in pallette noir black and colored with my copic markers. I used the clear blender pen to remove some of the black from her pants to make it look shadowed...I think it turned out pretty cool. The namaste is stamped in Pallette Noir black as well. The ribbon is from Michael's. Fairly simple card....but I like the way it turned out. Hope you have a great rest of the day...check in tomorrow for a Stampin' Up! card...haven't done one of those for awhile and a fun technique....one of these days I am going to get my video camera out...then we're all in trouble...watch out! Ha!
Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Banu said...

WOW this card is beautiful and your friend who is getting these is very lucky. I was suprised to see the title of your post as Namaste :) Loved your project for Papertrey contest as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones