Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just Playing Around....

I really didn't know quite what to do with this set when I first got it, because it is so out of reach from my normal stamping style. I had seen beautiful things made with it, but it isn't something I normally would pick as a stamp set. However, after playing with it....I really have found it to be a very versatile and beautiful set. The set is called Remember and is from Papertrey Ink. You will see another card made with this set later this week. One thing I always love about the sets that Lisa Johnson creates is the sayings. She always has just the right touch....for example this one "True Strength is Delicate". I am going to send this to a friend who just lost another friend to cancer. But you could use it for any occassion where someone is having a hard time, or just as a pick me up.

The card is made out of real red cs and stamped on PTI white. I used real red ink and then stamped off to get the two shades of red. Darker for the outline of the poppy. The leaves were done with spring moss. The ribbon is PTI twill in spring moss with a piece of pink taffeta SU tied into it. I punched the single poppy out with the marvy uchida scalloped super jumbo punch and backed it with the mega size.
The second picture shows a closeup of the saying which is stamped in New Canvas pallette ink, also from PTI.

Hope you will give this set a chance too. Happy Stamping!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones