Sunday, August 31, 2008

What is it about owls?

I have been very impatiently waiting for this set from Paper Trey Ink to come back into stock. I don't know why or how this obsession I have with owls started, but it was about six months ago, I started to become obsessed with finding the perfect owl. I didn't really even like owls, but then I just had to have one, not just any one either. He had to be cute, but not too cute. He had to be able to be manipulated....so you wouldn't always have the same owl. Bigger, but not too big....I know it's ridiculous. I sound compulsive and obsessive....but I literally searched for this perfect owl everywhere, online, in stores, with friends. It was nuts. Then....Nicole and her brilliant friends (artists) created this. I LOVE THIS SET!!!! It has everything I wanted including great sayings, interchangeability and two little owls to be friends with the big owl....just in time for Halloween. I don't know how they do it, but they always seem to fill in that empty stamping gap just when I need them to. Anyway, I finally got to order this a couple of weeks ago and made this card for my cousin's husband. The paper is also from Paper Trey Ink and is part of their Chocolate Remix patterned paper pack. Love love love their paper. It is thicker than most patterned paper, it is a good value and the designs are always unique yet traditional. I know, I could quite possibly be their biggest fan. I can't help it....I LOVE THEM!!!! Here's the recipe for this little owl card. I hope I am not alone in my owl obsession. =) Happy stamping!



Recipe:

Stamps: Wise Owl and Wise Owl Bellies (PTI)

Cardstock: Very Vanilla (SU), Chocolate Remix and Dark Chocolate (PTI)

Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU), Dark Chocolate (PTI) and markers from bic markit and copic

Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Eyelets (SU retired), Dark Chocolate Twill ribbon (PTI)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones