Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quick, Easy and Green Giftwrap....

Have you ever tried stamping your own giftwrap? I was one that said, who has time for that. I was a nay sayer...I admit it. But, after I need some quick wrap...I could be reformed. Not for everyone mind you, but for the extra special people or gift you want to deliver....it is kind of great to make your own wrapping paper. This first picture shows the complete gift ensemble. The larger packaging paper was actually made from the inner wrapping of my Paper Trey Ink order. They have this great paper in their boxes that is just screaming "stamp me! stamp me!). So I did and I recycled, patting myself on the back. My only tip is to iron the paper prior to stamping it (and then don't let your kids loose near it until you have wrapped - hence the rewrinkled effect below - ha!)



The box was created from a Stampin' Up! box (this will date me) from who knows how many years ago...when you could punch out the template and it had all these little tags that went with it (I told you I was digging into my stash). But I am sure you can find this box template online, probably at mirkwood designs or split coast stampers. So the box shape and lid are flat. All I did was stamp them and sponge them up a little. The tag on the top, covering the ribbon I dolled up a little more with some glitter. Here's the recipe....now it's your turn to get on out there and stamp. =)



Happy Stamping!



Recipe:

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (PTI), Limitless Labels (PTI)

Paper: Box and Tag Template Sheet in Confetti White (SU retired), Dark Chocolate (PTI), Recycled offwhite paper

Ink: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Tangerine Tango (SU), Dark Chocolate (PTI)

Accessories: Sponges, Dimensionals, Martha Stewart Ribbon (Michael's), Sugar Coating glitter in yellow by Doodlebug Designs.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones