Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sock Monkey On The Loose

So when I first saw this set I thought "oh how cute, I love it!" I think I have changed my mind a little. It's still a cute set, but I struggle with it because I am not in love with sock monkey's. I know many of you probably are, but it's just not my thing. However, I have a cousin who is TOTALLY into sock monkey's and her birthday happens to be tomorrow. So, I have found a permanent use for this set, therefore enabling me to justify the cost. *wink*. Maybe it will grow on me? Sometimes that happens.

So, I made this birthday card first using very unusual sock monkey colors of orange and green. I have no real explanation, other than the green piece of cardstock was sitting near my work space and I happened to pick it up. It is a textured c.s. from DCWV that I have had sitting around for awhile. I like textured cardstock for certain things....but I just never remember to use it. So, here it is, fresh my stash of unused items. I hope to showcase more of these in the future. =) She loved the card - even though I didn't think it was my best work. Here's the recipe:
Recipe:
Stamps: Sock Monkey (SU), Women of Life (PTI)
Cardstock: Green Textured (DCWV), Orange and Brown (unknown), Patterned (retired SU)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), various markers copic and bicmarkit.
Accessories: Silver Eyelets (SU retired), sheer organdy light green ribbon (Hobby Lobby), Dimensionals (SU)
This was part of the gift that I made for my cousin to go along with some other things that I had bought her. I love these clear notecard boxes you can get from Paper Trey Ink. I have made several sets of stationery for different people and this box with some ribbon finishes the gift off very nice. They are also super reasonable, 10 boxes for $6. They are a heavier weight plastic. I am sure that Nicole and her design team have dreamed up a million uses for these, but this is all I have used them for so far. The ribbon on the outside is the new poppy red introduced this month by PTI. I am thrilled to announce that I was the lucky winner this month of everything released by PTI. How did I win you ask? I simply went to nichole's blog and left a comment for this month's contest. It was a random drawing and I was thrilled I got picked. I received about $150 worth of free PTI merchandise including five stamps sets, paper, ribbon and ink. I hope to have more to share with you later this week. I haven't even had time to unpack the box to drool yet. Ridiculous! I know!
This is a shot of the notecards I made to fit inside the cute box. I made a total of 8 and decided to make them all thank you cards, because I thought those would be fairly generic. I am always looking for a thank you card, how about you? Here's the recipe. Until later....happy stamping!
Recipe:
Stamps: Sock Monkey (SU), Mixed Messages (PTI)
Ink: Versamark, Close to Cocoa (SU), Dark Chocolate (PTI), various bicmarkit and copic marker colors
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla and Au Chocolate patterned paper retired (SU)
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Sponges, Small Oval Punch (SU)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones