Thursday, August 14, 2008

School has finally started, now I have some stampin' time.

I can't believe we started school so early this year, it was nuts this week. It has been an emotional week of highs and lows. It was definitely a difficult day when I had to send my little guy off to first grade. Uggh, like a sucker punch to the stomach, having to realize that he wasn't going to be there for lunch or all the fun little things during the day. I am slowly getting over my sadness. The twins also started preschool four days a week for a couple hours a day. What will I do with all my time? HA! Drive around and do errands alone probably. Ha!

I decided to blow off all domestic duties today and stamp a little something. Finally. I miss my stampin' time, but life doesn't always adjust to what you want to do.

This is what I came up with. I rarely make two toned cards, but I have been trying to push myself out of my element a little bit more. I like the way this came out. This is also a rarity for me because it has very few elements to it. Just some simple stamping.
Recipe:
Stamps: Fresh Cuts - SU
Cardstock: Perfect Plum and Eggplant Envy (SU), Stampers Select White CS (PTI)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch (SU), Lavender Moon Ribbon (PTI).
The second card I made is using an older Paper Trey set, Text Boxed. I have had this set for quite awhile, and it still remains one of my favorites. It makes coordinating images very easy, as it contains several images that match. I also have found using the "secret weapon" from Inque Boutique makes stamping bold images much easier and cleaner. I actually won a stamp set from them, and it came with a secret weapon, as do all of their stamps, and it really does work and make a difference. Check it out. Let me know what you think.
Recipe:
Stamps: Text Boxed (PTI)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss (SU) Lemon Tart (PTI)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Kiwi Kiss (SU), Lemon Tart (PTI)
Accessories: Vintage Eyelets retired SU, Lemon Tart Ribbon (PTI), Rubons SU
I have some other samples that I have worked up, that I will be posting tomorrow. Stay tuned and check out the PTI release party tonight, starting...well now. I know they are going to have some fab new stuff. Get our checkbooks.....and happy stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones