Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Something Old and Something New

I am hopefully going to start a new stamping blog series here called "something old and something new" with the hopes of finding my mojo again. (crossing fingers) I have been in a sort of stamping funk. Not sure if it's summer or I just need some inspiration. Anyway, I thought I would try this and hopefully someone out there will enjoy it, or at least read it, or look at it. Helloooooo, Helloooo is there anybody still out there?????? If so, thanks for hanging out with me.

First, something old....I created this scrapbook page (actually twice) for the twins baby albums...yes very far behind....they will be four at the end of the year....I have come to grips with it though. Ha! The set used is a retired Stampin' Up! set called On The Line. This was the set I used for the twins birth announcement because it comes with a saying "the perfect pair" and I thought that would be perfect for twins. A picture of that is below the scrapbook page.

Recipe:

Stamps - The Perfect Pair (retired SU), Typeset Alphabet Lower (retired SU)
Paper: Patterned Heidi Grace, Confetti Cream, Brocade Blue, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue
Ink: Bashful Blue Ink, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Garden Green, Real Red, Apricot Appeal and Creamy Caramel SU Markers.
The announcement recipe:
Stamps: A Perfect Pair (SU retired)

Paper: Real Red, Garden Green and Whisper White CS
Ink: Real Red, Garden Green and black printed from Microsoft Word
Accessories: Gold Cording
The inside (which I decided not to photograph because of the detail included) was a black and white photo of the boys with a piece of vellum eyeleted to the top containing all of their birth information.

Now that you've walked down memory lane, you may be saying to yourself...I love that Perfect Pair set, I have to have it....but....it's retired. Darn it! I may be able to save you...I have the set and I would be willing to part with it for half price ($10). If you're interested, email me.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten, the something new.....
This was a card that I made for our girls club, which ended up not meeting this month because our hostess with the mostest had a family pet die suddenly. Hugs to her.
I was anxious to use the new Sock Monkey set, but couldn't really decide what I wanted to do...so this is what I came up with. The only different thing that I did was color the monkey body with my barely banana marker and then watercolored over it with close to cocoa. It gave it a textured kind of look. What do you think?

Recipe:
Stamps: Sock Monkey (SU)
Paper: Pink Poirouette, Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa, Pink Poirouette
Accessories: Pink Gingham Ribbon, Close to Cocoa Brad (retired), Dimensional, Aquapainter

I hope you like my creations and will stay tuned. Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones