Thursday, August 14, 2008

Digging In My Stash....

Like many of you.....I am guessing....I have a stash of stamping "stuff". Some of which I actually have forgotten about for periods of time (don't tell my husband, he will never let me live it down! HA!) I decided to go digging on my last adventure into the bunker, there I found wide twill tape. Do you have any wide twill tape? I bet you use yours as often as I use mine, needless to say, I have lots. So, I thought I should find a use for it. Hence this card. I actually really like the way this turned out, except I think i would have stamped the saying in Not Quite Navy instead of the Baja Breeze color. The gemstones were colored with my BicMarkit marker after attached so they would match. I love these markers. I hope to do a demo of them soon. A cheaper version of copics that blend great. This is sympathy card for a friend of my parents. She has a time of it. She suffered a stroke a few years back and worked really hard to gain back her ability to speak. A few weeks ago, she lost her footing and fell in the yard and broke her arm as well as splitting her head open. The doctors opted for surgery to fix her arm. After the surgery, her daughter was visiting and got her up to walk around, during which time she suffered another stroke. She is still in ICU and they are not sure what her recovery looks like. I thought I would send this to her and her husband to let them know we are thinking of them. That's all for today. Happy Stamping!





Recipe:


Stamps: Always (SU), Anniversary Set (PTI)


Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy (SU) and Stampers Select CS White (PTI)


Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Birds and Swirls, Not Quite Navy Buttons, Linen Thread and Wide Twill Tape (SU); Gemstones (Michael's)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones