Thursday, August 14, 2008

Did you ever have a color you didn't really think you liked?

Well, that was Tangerine Tango (new in color for SU) for me. I saw it and I thought, ugghhh, that is waaaayyyy to bright. So, I decided to make myself like it. I still don't love it, but I do like the way these two cards turned out. I also just got some new embossing folders for my cuttlebug and thought I would kill two birds with one stone by embossing the images on the Tangerine Tango CS. That way I would have to use it. You can't just leave embossed images laying around don't you know? Ha! So these are the two cards I came up with.

I also kinda went on a birthday bender when it comes to stamping supplies. But I figure, hey, it's my birthday, I oughta get a little somethin' somethin' huh? So I have had my eye on the sugar coating glitters from Doodlebug Designs for awhile now and I decided to go for the gold. I got the 12 pack and I love love love love love love them. In fact, I have even spread the love to my mom who now must have them too. Once you see them and how fun and sparkly they are I bet you will love them too. Hee hee. Did you know they have flock now too. Get outta town, no - really - flock in 12 colors. I think I need that for bats (halloween) and chicks (easter). Uggh...the possibilites.

Recipe:

Stamps: Women of Faith (PTI)

Ink: Summer Sunrise (PTI), Tangerine Tango (SU)

Cardstock: Tangerine Tango (SU), Summer Sunrise (PTI)

Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Floral Fantasy, Floral Cut out (unknown), Orange Glitter (doodlebug designs), Rubons (SU), Polka Dot Ribbon Summer Sunrise (PTI), Small Scalloped Punch (Marvy Uchida), Dimensionals (SU)

This is my first attempt at trying to watercolor with my new Bic Markit watercolor pens. They are similar to the copic markers (although I have a few of those too) only a fraction of the cost. The copic markers are great if you can afford them, but I was a little unsure at how much I would actually use them, so I opted for the bic pens to do a trial run. I have been happy with them. They come with a lot of colors and will hold me over until I decide whether or not I want to invest in the copics. I found mine at Target on sale for $11 and a coupon online at BicMarkit for $3 off.

Recipe:

Stamps: Dreams Du Jour (SU)

Ink: Palette Noir Black (PTI), Bic Markit Markers, Copic Colorless Blender

Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Tangerine Tango and Certainly Celery (SU)

Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Perfectly Paisley, Floral Cutout (unknown), Ric Rac Ribbon with orange flowers (Archiver's), Square Scalloped Punch small (Marvy Uchida), Dimensionals (SU)

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones