Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Valentine's Shoebox Swap

Hi there! I have missed you for the last few days....been chasing away fevers and nasty coughs. All 3 kids are STILL sick....can ya believe it? I think we are on the way to mending. I managed to get everyone to school today....a feat we haven't managed since last Thursday. Whew!
I left the gym early today so I could come and post a card for you. Luckily you can't see me or smell me because I am both sweaty and stinky.....ewwwww! =)

I am lucky enough to be invited to a monthly shoebox swap at my friend Amy's House (big "hi" out to Amy) and we met on Monday night. What a fabulous group of talented -- very talented--stampers. This is the card I made for that swap. Stampin' Up! was kind enough to send all demonstrators this set as a holiday gift. It is currently a level 3 hostess set. Sadly enough I didn't even have it cut before Monday.....just no time. CRAZY! But now that it's cut....I can see many many cards coming from it in the future. Without further adieu......

The set is Time Well Spent and I also used Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Define Your Life and Wonderful Words. The cardstock is Pink Passion, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Oppulence and Whisper White. I stamped the hearts, the "x", "o" and love in Stazon Black. The definition is in Pink Passion. I colored the flowers and hearts with Orchid Oppulence Markers and then watercolored the center using the marker and an aquapainter. Do you know how to do this? Kind of fun. I also stamped the little flower in Pink Passion as a background. The bling is from hobby lobby in the craft department. They aren't brads just little beady things. I like em'. The flower is a prima flower. This isn't my favorite card....I think I need less purples.....but....I am a pink girl. I also would use either the PTI white paper or watercolor paper for the hearts. Whisper white just doesn't seem to stand up very well to watercoloring. I also sponged the edges. I used the Stamp-a-majig to line up the letters and the definition. Do you know how to use that? One of my favorite tools. =)

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones