Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Stamping....

I had hoped to get some "mega" stamping done this weekend....but the universe didn't find my plan to be "acceptable". All three kids are sick and so you know what that means for me....lots of kleenex, snuggles and chicken soup. Maybe next weekend? But, I did get these two cards made Friday night so I thought I would share them with you. One is for a sketch challenge on Splitcoast but don't ask me which one....I have to look it up again....yeah yeah I know. I hope that Ginko kicks in pretty soon....the old brain power....not a so good. YIKES!
Anyway, the first card is a birthday card I made for a family friend. This card uses the Stampin' Up! Fast and Fun Notes set and the retired Fancy Flexible Phrases set. All images were stamped in Basic Black. The "happy birthday" is a rub-on from Making Memories that I got with my "free stuff" from winning the Paper Crafts Mag contest (yeah!!!!) The cardstock colors are Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue and PTI White. I found the little index tab thing in my "pile of stuff that I bought but still haven't used" section of the bunker. Hey look I used it....now I can move it into the "rarely used but still like it" pile. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I added a little bit of blue satin ribbon and some white eyelets and called it good.
The second was my sketch challenge card. I don't have a lot of current "valentiney" sets so I have been stretching myself outside the box. I decided to use Wild About You and make the elephant pink. I stamped him on Sahara Sand and then the phrase in chocolate chip. The skinny ribbon is from a swap I just did with my new friend Amy. Big "hi" out to Amy (I love my stuff!!!!) I added a little heart brad again from my pile of embellishments neatly organized at the moment and a googlie eye. I embossed "my valentine" in white and that saying is from Everyday Flexible Phrases. I used my cuttlebug for the background on the regal rose (I don't know which one....probably named something simple like circles.) The inside paper is retired SU Rebecca. The large ribbon is my ruffly pink check from Hobby Lobby. I think I have to go buy some more of this. I still LOVE it. That's all for this sunny Sunday. I think I will go play outside for awhile.
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones