Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some New Goodies for you....

Look what I finally had time to photograph....I know....can you believe it? I can hardly believe it myself. Anyway....I think I am doing pretty good with my NYR (New Year's Resolution) by posting more than once a year....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry the pictures aren't great. I am working on my photographic skills. I keep telling the DH that if I had a new camera (preferably a Cannon Rebel XT) that I could take marvelous award winning pictures. He ain't buying it....or the camera....so I gotta work with what I got....which is NOT an award winning camera. Anyway......here's the scoop on these two cards.

This one was made with Lovely Lilac and Silver and was a sketch/color combo for Papercrafts Magazine. I submitted it but didn't hear anything...so I am sharing it with you instead. Guess they didn't like it....but that's okay....you can't win them all. So the letters are from SU Jumbo Outline Alphabet and the definition of "always" is from the Define Your Life set. I love this set and can't wait to make some scrapbook pages with it. Someday....someday soon. Onwards....the swirly-whirl is from Paper Trey Ink's Ambassador Monogram set and the "wish" is from the Text Boxed set. I layered three different colors of primas and put a Rhinestone Brad in the center. The purple ripped piece is a piece of vellum that used to be sold by Stamping Up!. I embossed the letters and wish and swirly-whirl in black and then colored in the letters with my Lovely Lilac marker. That's it. I thought this would make a cute birthday card.

The next photo is my first attempt at a V-Day card. I can't seem to get in the mood for V-Day....I have lots of retired sets that I like....but they aren't getting me motivated. Guess I will have to find some cute new stamps.....oh darn. For this card I used Barely Banana and Pretty In Pink SU CS and then of course my favorite white cardstock from PTI. The stamps sets are both retired....sorry....Olive You and Love Matters. I stamped both in Stazon Black and then colored them with my SU markers Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, and pretty in Pink. The hearts around the outside I took my Zig Painty Pen and colored in the dots with the silver end. The so my favorite ribbon is from Hobby Lobby - on sale - SCORE!

That's about it for today. If you would like to see more or less of something....please leave me a comment and let me know.

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones