Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Little Late....

.....but cute nonetheless. I have finally managed to get my computer to cooperate long enough to get these pictures edited and posted. I hope you will enjoy them. The jar idea....was stolen from one of my favorite artists, Gina K. I gave these to each of the boys' teachers and the aides in the Kindergarten classroom. They were a big hit. The jars were purchased at target and come in several sizes. I got the medium sized jars.

Here's a picture of the goodies inside. Most of these goodies came from the Target $1 spot. I love that spot....dangit! The snowman soup was a little recipe I put together from a poem I found on Splitcoast last year. They have all kinds of those crazy poems for poop and soup and you name it......funny stuff.

As you will see some of the contents stuck above the jar so I had to get creative with the lids. I just decorated them with paper and stamping and then stuck them to the jar with pop-up glue dots....so that the teachers could use the jars again next year if they wanted to.

This one I used a nice holly background paper from DCWV that I got in a Christmas variety pack. The santa is from Paper Trey Ink's Believe set. (I love them...did I mention that?) Which I stamped in Black Stazon on Very Vanilla and then colored with my markers. There is a little star eyelet on the end of the hat (from waaaayyy back in the years of Stampin' Up!) then punched him out with my large oval scalloped punch (Marvy Uchida). The ribbon was a steal I found at a scrapbooking store on clearance and it says Merry Christmas in white writing. LOVE IT! Totally hoarding it....not nice. =)

The second version, is also made with the Believe set only the tree this time. I love this tree....it has so many possibilities. I used it over and over this past Christmas and foresee that I will be using it again next year. (I know I totally sound like a spokesperson for Paper Trey....but I swear they aren't paying me....I wish! *grin*) This was also stamped in Stazon, colored with about three colors of green with my Stampin' Up! markers because I am too poor to own Copics at this time...in my next life....hee hee. Then a little star brad for the top of the tree because the punch chopped it off a little. Ha! Camouflage is really the best stamping. =)

I am not sure if you caught the little planner in the goodies above, but these were also a find in the dollar spot. These were a steal. When you look at the front of these...you will see there is a little cutout in the front of the plastic that fit the scallop punch and the word window punch perfectly. Like magic I tell you...magic...or just dumb luck! Hee hee.
I made each one a little different and stamped each page inside changing the stamp for each month so they would know when the month changed. This took some time....but it made the generic planners much more personalized.
The first one pictured uses a pink paper from Stampin' Up! that was long ago retired....sorry but I thought you could improvise from your stash or something that you just had to have. I then used the stamp from the True Friend set (in new catalog and previous mini) and stamped it in Pretty in Pink and punched it out with the Stampin' Up! scalloped punch. I decorated the edges with little rhinestones and used the word window punch for the date which is stamped with the new Ambassador Monogram Set from Paper Trey.
The others were made pretty much the same way so I will just add supplies here so you can know what to use if you want to copy them. This one was made also using a retired paper that you could have gotten in a different color scheme but Stampin' Up! has since retired that too...so you will just have to dream up something else beautiful...I know you can do it. I put a prima flower in the center cut out with a flower that is in the Office Accoutrement set, the saying is also from this set. Then I stamped the date in Basic Black again using the Ambassador Monogram Set.
The third one uses one of my favorite current Stampin' Up! sets which is Garden Whimsy. The butterfly is stamped in Orchid Oppulence and then embellished with multi-colored rhinestones. The date was also stamped in orchid oppulence and sponged in barely banana. The background paper is again from DCWV.
The last little planner uses a set we got at convention, Fun and Fast Notes, which I really like because I like to color...go figure. If you don't like to color...probably not the set for you. The hedgehog was stamped in basic brown and then colored with creamy caramel using the aquapainter. His face is watercolored with Groovy Guava. The date is in basic black and uses the Ambassador Monogram set - yes again. =)
BTW papertrey is getting to release their new stamp set for this month and you can see a preview on Nichole's blog. SO FUN....must have. Off to sell plasma now. =)

I hope you will get some inspiration from these.
Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones