Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Starting out on the right foot....

So last year's blogging here at Bunker Thoughts was mediocre at best. One of my goals for the New Year is to attempt to blog on a more regular basis. Thanks to all of you who have stuck by me! =)

Blogging isn't the only thing that has gone by the wayside in the last year, unfortunately, so has my stamping. I did get some cards made for the holidays and a few other things throughout the year, but I am really hoping to get some scrapbooking caught up in the very new future. I know I might be a little behind on the front of digital scrapbooking, but my interest has been piqued for some time now. Recently I decided to venture down that road. After I finish this post, I'm going to try my hand at my first digital pages. Stay tuned for the result (crossing fingers).

In the meantime I had the need for a wedding card and I wanted something a little different, so I pulled out one of my favorite Papertrey Ink sets, Quilter's Sampler. Being a former, sometimes, and someday again quilter....the set holds a special spot in my heart. The colors were the wedding colors and that became my inspiration for the card scheme. The card color is Pink Pirouette (a retired SU color) and Close to Cocoa. The border on the bottom is also retired SU paper. I stamped the quilt blocks in Close to Cocoa and then colored them with my copic marker in R14 Light Rouge. Speaking of Copics, my friend Sharon Harnist has a great tutorial over here at the JustRite Stamps blog today on coloring with your copics. She is AMAZING and I could go on and on about the beautiful things she creates but you should just do yourself a favor and go look for yourself. While you are over at Just Rite Stamps you should check out their stuff....very fun stamps! (insert enabler vibe here - ha ha!) Back to the card, the saying was also stamped in Close to Cocoa, the ribbon is a white satin scrap I salvaged from somewhere (?) and the quilt blocks were stamped on the reverse side of the designer series paper used for the little border I punched them out using the 3/4" square punch from Papertrey Ink and then bordered them with close to cocoa using the Marvy Uchida Extra Jumbo Scalloped Square punch. It is fairly simple compared to some of the other amazing art I have been seeing lately, but I like the way it turned out. Speaking of Papertrey Ink, it's a great time to head over to Nicole's blog and check out the pre-release sneak peeks she is showing. I love the tree set....until later this week....

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones