Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Birthday Wishes....

Somedays do you feel like your life is spinning a little out of control as your to do list gets longer and the hours in the day get shorter? I think I've felt that way now for about three months...uggh! Hence, this very late birthday card that I finally got in the mail this week. I really have adopted the "better late than never" adage, especially as of late. This little set is from one of my favorite stamp companies...Verve Stamps. They have beautifully designed unique stamps, but my favorite is their saying sets....they always have really great sayings that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Go check them out, especially for Valentine's Day! Their Hearts on Fire is my FAVORITE! So much so, that it's permanently inked on my body. (Don't read this part mom!) They will also be having a new release party in a couple of days on the 15th. Check them out you won't be disappointed. =)

This little bird comes from a set called Birthday Surprise. Isn't she cute? It's not one of the newer sets, but I love the swirly cue's on most of their sets...very girlie...I need girl power over here, I'm being smothered by the testosterone....Lord help me! Ha! I must be in a blue mood, which is strange usually it's pink for me, but I find myself being drawn to blue's this month. Must be the winter color or something. The blue used here is Buckaroo Blue (a retired SU color) but you could substitute Bashful Blue or Ballet Blue. Mounted on the base color is Barely Banana. I embossed a circle in the middle using my circle Spellbinders Nestabilities and then cut a scalloped circle out with the scalloped set out of the same Buckaroo Blue paper. The bird was stamped in Pallette Noir black ink which you can find at Ellen Hutson's store and the colored with copic markers in the following colors - BV08 Blue Violet, BG09 Blue Green, Y19 Napoli Yellow, R14 Light Rouge and RV17 Deep Magenta. I love my copics because they enable you to blend several colors together to get almost any color you could want. I bought mine from Ellen Hutson awhile back because she spent a lot of time with tutorials and putting sets together (and she was having a really great sale!) I utilize her site often so I felt it only right to buy from her as well. Expensive investment, but soooo worth it! The image is stamped in Buckaroo Blue on Whisper White CS then mounted on Buckaroo Blue paper. Both were punched out with the Marvy Uchida rectangular scalloped punches white in the Mega size, Blue in the giga size. The present and saying are from the same Verve set and the present has a dimensional behind it. Ribbon is retired SU organdy ribbon. Hope you are find some inspiration today and that you will be back soon. Happy stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones