Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've got that Lovin' Feeling....

....so how bout' a Valentine? I got together a little over a week ago with some friends to stamp and my friend Laura brought her Cricut for a little demo since I hadn't really seen one in action. It's a really cool machine, but it also has a pretty hefty up front investment to go with it. Anyway, she cut me out a page of these cute curly cue borders (thanks Laura!) so I thought I would try incorporating them into a card. This is what I came up with. I like that the Cricut enables you to make your shapes a multiple of sizes and that you can cut out more than one at a time or fill a page like Laura did for me here. The white curly cues are from the cricket machine. The heart in the center is one of Martha Stewart's new punches called Lace Scallop Heart Punch large. I found mine at Michael's but they are going going going..fast. I went around the edge with sparkly white stickles. The edge of the card was also punched with the Lace Heart Edge Punch also from Martha Stewart. The card base is Cool Carribean and the background is Chocolate Chip. I stamped two hearts from the Hearts on Fire set from Verve Stamps in Cool Carribean on the same color cardstock and then cut them out and attached them with dimenstional tape. The center heart is punched out of a scrap piece of designer series paper in pink. The edge under the lacey border is the same paper. The ribbon is from the Joann bargain bin in a pink organdy. The brown heart was punched out with a Fiskars heart punch. If you can believe it I didn't have one single plain heart punch, they were all scallops...ridiculous! Ha! After stamping in New Canvas white (PTI) the saying from the same Hearts on Fire set I punched the heart out. I then tied it onto the pink ribbon with a piece of silver cording. Hope you enjoyed my latest creation. Stop back again soon and until then,

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones