Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Valentine Tuesday....

Sorry I missed you yesterday, I am pretty sure I had a case of the Mondays. Good thing that's over with. =)
So when I went on my stamp bender, I decided to try out a new company called Verve (I say it with a an "eh" sound on the end, because it so much more chic to be french...eh?) Anyway....I LOVE THEM!!!! They are so swirly and girly and princessy and I love em. They stamp really well...the only downfall so far...they don't smell as good as PTI. I know...it's weird...but I totally dig the smell of new PTI stamps and so does someone else that I know (who will remain nameless...but she knows who she is) so it can't be that weird...right?
Anyway....trying to stay on track here...this set is one they just released this month and I love it. The set is called Hearts on Fire. It comes with the cute swirly hearts and then the centers to fill them in. I stamped the swirly part in Plum Pudding from PTI. The centers are pink pirouette (I swear I am going to learn how to spell that so that I don't have to look it up everytime!) Then I took my clear glitter pen (Joann) and outlined the centers so they would be sparkly. Did you notice that border....that's the new Martha Stewart heart border punch (DO NOT covet me! I only found two and one I had to give to Laura because she told me about it! Sorry!) Good luck finding one, apparently they are quite the hot commodity (and now you know why - huh?) My advice....finish reading this and then RUN to Michael's. =) The border was punched out of pink piroutte as well. The ribbon is pretty in pink because for some reason I don't have any pink pirouette ribbon. Go figure.....the ribbon queen doesn't have one color. =)
The Happy Valentine's Day saying is from the Hearts on Fire set as well (also stamped in plum pudding). I love their fonts...I think it was the seller for me. The card base is perfect plum, layered with very vanilla. The two little hearts in the corner were punched from pink pirouette with a coordinating heart punch from Martha Stewart. For some reason, this picture didn't come out as well as I had hoped...but I am working on that. Hope you liked this card...see you tomorrow with a birthday card.
Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that stamp. It makes a cute border. Mom

Anonymous said...

Could you be speaking of "moi"? Sniff, sniff. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones