Sunday, March 16, 2008

Swiped from Archiver's (sort of)

I initially started this card to do the embossing resist technique that I was re-introduced to at my Stampin' Ladies Club last month. My genious friend Pam had made a beautiful card using this technique (which I would love to show you but it is lost in the Bunker right now) and I thought....oooohhh...I want to try that. So I went home and started this card using the Wild Rose stamp set. This is a two-step stamp set....so I stamped the darkest part of the flower on white cardstock and embossed it in clear. Then I brayered over the entire thing in purely pomegranate and stamped the leaves. I kept trying to figure out how to get the detailed part into the card without it coming out too dark. I tried a bunch of things....none of which are coming to mind at the moment, but they looked...well....awful. So I just walked away for a little bit.





Anyway, so I was cruisin' around town and felt the need to stop in at Archiver's. Sometimes I just go there to see what's new and what they have come up with. An inspiration stop of sorts. Anyway, I was looking at some of their card samples and had been struggling with this card....when I saw that they had stamped some flowers on transparencies, cut them out and then put them on their card over another flower. I thought....ah-ha...that's it. So Icame home, used my fancy pants stamp-a-majig to line up the detailed portion on a transparency. Used my heat and stick powder and added the glitter. The glitter is from Martha Stewart. Her glitter rocks by the way. The leaves were stamped in always artichoke and the saying is from the True Friend set stamped in purely pomegranate and punched out with the scalloped rectangle punch, mounted on artichoke. The ribbon is the satin pomegranate ribbon from the holiday mini. Hope this was fun for you.



Happy stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones