Sunday, March 16, 2008

Playing with Ellen....

I have waited a long time to order some stamps from Ellen, only because, well let's face it, my income for buying stamps has to be limited somewhere. I only have so much plasma to donate. Ha! Seriously, I just kept forgetting to place my order (that's actually more sad isn't it?) But alas, I now own some stamps from Ellen's store.



So, I decided to just play and see what happened. Sometimes you just want to stamp to see what it will look like on paper...ya know what I mean? So I just stamped the images - a bunch of them and started coloring to see what I liked. Then I made them into cards. So this is whatcha got. The cherries card is a base of real red cardstock and I can't remember where the blue striped paper came from (it's about 99 years old - seriously) but I thought a strip of that would bring out the bowl on the cherries. The "friend" stamp is from the hostess set For A Friend from Stampin' Up! I stamped it in Brocade Blue. The ribbon is from May Arts and is a red stripe. I used my marvy scalloped punch (blue I think) to stamp out the cherries. I colored the cherries with my real red marker and added crystal effects to make them shiny.



The second card is using the Vintage Garden Chair stamp. I bought this because I actually have two of these chairs from my grandparent's house. After they passed away, I asked if I could have them and they are in the process of being stripped and repainted. They hold a lot of memories for me. I colored the chair with apricot appeal and the grass with certainly celery. I used river rock to color the river rock - bwahahahahaha - hope somebody else thought that was funny! =) Pretty much everything was watercolored. I edged the white with my sponge and river rock. The apricot appeal was embossed with my Bloom Dots embossing folder. The saying is from the SU level 3 hostess set Time Well Spent. I stamped it in versamark and embossed it in clear. The paper is cameo coral. The ribbon on the edges of the apricot is from May Arts. The card base is certainly celery.



I hope you likey. Happy stamping!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones