Saturday, March 15, 2008

I love the way this turned out!

I had the idea for this card literally in the night. I think that people think I am NUTS when I say that these things come to me in the night....but really...they do. Maybe I am nuts, probably should be sleeping....but what are you gonna do? So, I started thinking about what Easter meant to me. What this lenten season really means to me. I live literally minutes from the mountains....they are almost close enough to touch. I feel amazingly blessed to have such beauty in my backyard. I often stare in wonder at the magnificence of those mountains and I am amazed again by God's creations. This is what Easter is to me. We have a sunrise service at Red Rocks ampitheater in Morrison and I imagine this is what it is like to be at that service (I have yet to go...but will someday!)















This was not a "lickety split and it's done card". It definitely took some time to put the images in my mind onto paper using stamps. I created the mountains using the square at an angle from the B&C Monogram set. I masked off the areas underneath with post-it notes and created my mountains. I used Tim Holtz distress ink in vintage photo. (I got this from my new friend Amy who is newly pregnant - hip hip hooray! and I LOVE it!) I then watercolored them in the same color. The sun was made with the double edge circle from that same set, stamped in pumpkin pie. I water colored the image with summer sun and pumpkin pie and my aquapainter. I then added lavender lace, bashful blue and pretty in pink to the sky to make it look like the sun was rising. I embossed the cross from Everyday Blessings in gold on black paper and cut it out. Then I embossed the saying in gold. The card is made out of a black base and then I cut an additional piece for the saying to lay over the top. I tore the edge of the paper because it looked too straight. I hope you like it.

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones