Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sympathy Card

I have to be honest....when I looked at the new SU catalog, I wasn't really that impressed. I was actually pretty disappointed....but when I flipped through this was definitely one of the few sets that caught my eye. I didn't love the bird at first, but then it kind of grew on me.

I had to make a sympathy card for a friend who just lost her baby at 33 weeks. This is what I came up with. I used Always from SU and Mixed Messages from PTI. The color combo is Perfect Plum and Barely Banana. Before I started stamping I used my wizard nestabilities to cut a window out of the barely banana to make a frame. I used the largest rectangle from the classic set. Then I used the next to the largest scalloped rectangle to cut out the center portion and also embossed it (that is such a cool feature! - I hope you can see the embossing). Then I stamped my border of vine and berries in mellow moss and my sympathy wish in perfect plum. The bird is stamped on tracing paper and then attached with brads. Then I added the ribbon in moss to finish it off. I didn't photograph the inside (because, well, I had already written out my message - doy!) But, I stamped this saying "Someone remembers, someone cares. Your name is whispered in someone's prayers" from Everyday Blessings in the inside. (Have I talked you into that set yet? *wink*) =) That's all for today. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones