Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chinese Auction Low Down

We had great time on Sunday at the chinese auction. For those of you who missed it...bummer. We missed you!

The gals who came had fun making two cute projects (I will try to post them later this week) and bidding and winning fun stuff. We also had yummy snacks including pumpkin pie to kick off Fall.

I wanted to post a few of the items that I made for the auction. The goodies tins have little mini round tins inside to store your stamping goodies...i.e. buttons, eyelets, staples, etc. I also lined the top and bottom of each one.

I stamped some large tiles and turned them into dry erase boards. Someone had done this at the SCS dinner during convention and I thought it was such a clever idea that I decided to put it into action. I would love to give that person credit, but I didn't win one and I have no idea who made them. So whoever you are...if you are reading this...thanks for the idea. =) The only downfall to this great idea....now I want all the craft ink so I can stamp stamp stamp away. Dangit! If you want to see a great tutorial on how to stamp on tiles, if you've never done it before, check out the this week's Splitcoast tutorial here. A great idea for holiday gifts and sooo easy.
You may have seen this idea before, but this is formerly a starbucks four pack of coffee drinks that I have recycled into a gift. Each bottle has the label covered with double sided paper and then has a stamp that either says "enjoy" or "sweets" put onto it. I punched the labels out with a scalloped punch and then layered them with a bigger scallop. I didn't think to take a picture of that. Sorry. I filled each jar with different kinds of candy and nuts. I really liked the way this came out, but I have to figure out something else to do with the frappacinno---waaaayyy too many calories. =)
The last picture for today is a tin that I also reformed into a gift tin. This was an eggnog pancake mix tin that I received for Christmas last year. It was such a cute tin (William & Sonoma) that I couldn't bear to just pitch it.....so I stamped it with some fall leaves from last year's set that was featured in Country Living and filled it with bath goodies that I found at the dollar spot at Target. I totally LOVE that spot. =)
I hope you like the pictures....everyone seemed happy with their winnings. Thanks for coming!
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones