Monday, April 30, 2007

A New Card....

After a very busy weekend....scrapbooking class, quilt lessons for a friend and yet another trip to the Urgent Care center with one of the twins....I finally found some time to stamp today. I procrastinated laundry....but I am sure you won't tell...will you?
I made this little card for my mom as a thank you for taking me to a quilting event for the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum where she volunteers. They had a really nice lunch, silent auction and other fun stuff. Then she surprised me with a quilt that I had my eye on. It was a really fun day. I made this card and participated in two Splitcoast challenges. The first was a technique challenge, the technique was a tri-fold card. The second was a color challege using Cool Carribean, Basic Black and Whisper White.

The card is made out of cool carribean and stamped with the big flower from Doodle This in the coordinating color. The flower chipboard is covered in white that was stamped with the swirly thing from Doodle That in black and then watercolored with the Cool Carribean ink pad. The "thanks" is from All Natural and is embossed in white on black paper and placed in the brass hardware oval. I had to cover the back of the flower that hangs over so I covered it in black and embossed the same image from the front in white ink. The whole thing is mounted on black cardstock. It was a fun card to make. I hope you like it.


Tomorrow's a big day....the retirement list comes out. I am sure that you are biting your nails now! Hee hee! Happy waiting!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Looks terrific...great idea to use chipboard!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones