Thursday, March 8, 2007

Finally Time to Stamp

I have finally had a few minutes between antibiotic refills and doctor's visits to stamp. I think we have been sick more this year than we have in the last five years combined. I am really looking forward to spring. It was a beautiful day yesterday and pretty nice today except for the wind....but the weekend looks divine! Yippee!

Unfortunately, one of the cards I had to make, was a sympathy card. I have a really hard time making sympathy cards. I think it's because somewhere in my mind, people don't age....they just stay the same as when I last saw them....so for that reason....I find death to be a sharp smack in the face. I used Heartfelt Thanks on this card. I still love this set....it's so elegant. I emboseed the saying in white and Case'd the card format from Archiver's a couple of weekends ago. I really like the idea of a half card horizontally instead of vertically.



I have decided I must be in a bling mood because lately everything has had to be sparkly. I have a secret addiction to glitter and pearlex....it's really sad actually. But some of you probably have already figured that out by now. Which explains the next card. If I could have glittered it without too much obnoxion (I just made that up) I would have. But...alas....too much sparkle isn't always a good thing. I whipped out this little card think I was doing the color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, however, this was last week's challenge. This is pretty much typical of my crazy life...I am a always at least a week behind. I will hopefully whip out the real color challenge sometime in the next week or so. This was really fun! I had to use some white ribbon even though it wasn't a color listed because I didn't have any other ribbon that would go. I haven't done any of these challenges until now....I can see that they would be addictive. The challenge colors were Elegant Eggplant, Cool Carribean and Certainly Celery. I embossed with versamark and heat and stick powder and then used pearlex to get the glistening effect. The flowers actually have holes punched in them so that the eggplant shows through. I had seen this awhile back on another swapp and I thought it was such a cool look, so it returned to me while making this card. I was really excited about how it turned out. And, yes, I am obsessed with the doodles. I just cut the alphabet last night and I think I'm in love. It is SOOOO cute! I can't wait to play! Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones