Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Namaste....

Hello there! Happy Hump Day and Ash Wednesday! I dont' know how many of you participate in lent...but I will just let you know...I am terrible at it. I am not really a practicing catholic, but for some reason every year I am compelled to participate in lent...go figure. So, I have already blew lent twice today...I think it's my momnesia...I totally spaced that beef jerky was meat...I know....ridiculous. I really did have a mind before kids...however, that seems like a long time ago. =) Other than the whole forgetting lent thing...it really is a beautiful day here in Colorado. The temps have been in the high sixties and low seventies the last couple of days. It's hard to stay inside. I stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some paint for a lamp that I am refinishing for my eldest son's room and stumbled upon the perfect fabric for quilts for the twins rooms. They love all animals (especially zoo animals) but I have been having a hard time finding "mature" animal fabric. Well, today was my lucky day....they just got in a whole line at H.L. So, I bought what I needed, after much deliberation about sizes and patterns and such at the cutting table, and I am going to attempt to get them going here in the next day or two. Maybe I will post some pictures as they come along. (I know Mom...what you are probably thinking....another project?)

Enough of my life story.....let's talk some stamping. This is another card in the namaste series that I made for my friend's birthday. The card base on this one is Bashful Blue. I stamped the background using PTI Ocean Tides because it is just about a shade darker than Bashful Blue. The image is also PTI - Guide Lines, I haven't gotten to use this set much, but after using it here...I can tell it is a keeper. So many fun combinations. =) The white strip is whisper white. The green oval was cut using my nestabilities scalloped oval on sage shadow paper. The image is stamped on whisper white with pallet noir black and colored with copic markers (I forgot to write down the colors - sorry - working on this for the future.) It was again punched out with the Marvy Uchida giga scalloped rectangular punch. The saying in the corner is stamped in Ocean Tides on Whisper White and punched out with SU small oval punch. I colored the edge by running it along the ink pad. The ribbon is SU blue taffeta. Thanks for checking in.
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones