Monday, August 20, 2007

I finally cleared away the paperwork...

I finally cleared space around my laptop so that I could post a real post for you all. Let me start by saying that convention was ultra-fun and that I am amazed that Stampin' Up! can always pull off such a great show. I don't know how they keep coming up with such great ideas for us....but they do. Some of you know that I was rather skeptical of the new catty prior to convention....but after learning all the fun things and seeing some of those new things in action....I am a convert. I can't spill all my knowledge here...because you would be reading FOREVER. But, you will be able to see all of my learning in future classes. FUN STUFF coming your way. Stay tuned.
Convention also helped me reassess my stamping goals and dreams....so hopefully I can make some of those come true in the next year or so. Stay tuned on that front.
So what did you all think of my swaps? The swap for SCS and the dinner were FABULOUS! If Melissa reads this....a big thank U to you for coordinating and hosting. She did a fabulous job. I can't imagine planning a dinner for 100 people twice. But she did with class. Bravo girlfriend!

So what have I been doing you ask? Since convention ended nearly a month ago? Well, the Bunker is currently undergoing a transformation, which means it is in worse shape than it normally is...but with any luck....things will be MUCH better when it is finished. If only I can live through the disaster that it currently is until that time. August is a HUGE birthday month for us....so I have been making birthday cards, thank you notes and teacher presents as well.
We start school on Wednesday....Kindergarten....my baby has gotten so big. How is that possible? sniff sniff. So, I hope to post a picture of the gift for his teacher sometime this week. But every night we have either school or soccer something....so it might not make it up until the weekend.

Also, for those of you who don't know...my yearly Chinese Auction is this Sunday. Fabulous items to bid on, classes to sign up for and of course half price stamps. (retired that is). So, if your in the neighborhood and want to swing over, I'll see you Sunday. If you need info, send me an email.

In the meantime, I decided to put one of my favorite new stamp sets to use. If you haven't visited the girls over at Papertrey, I would highly recommend heading over there soon. They have the KA-UTEST stuff. So, I dug into my stash...it's amazing what you find when your cleaning and found the accents and elements kit from around Valentine's Day and the coordinating DSP and I made these cards. I challenged myself to just use those three items, and this is what I came up with. What do you think?

The last card is the card I made for my FIL for his birthday. I think it's pretty manly if I do say so myself. I think I might be in love...with chipboard that is. *grin*
For all of you reading....thank you! Happy Stamping and I'll see ya soon! =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones