Saturday, June 16, 2007

Card class cards....

Happy Saturday!

I finally stole a few minutes away from the munchkins to post pictures of the cards we made in Wednesday's card class. The first is a pocket card that I CASEd from Greyhoundstamper on SCS who cased it from Julie Buhler. I changed the colors a little and used the faux leather technique for the belt, but other than that, it's nearly a copy. But I loved the idea and it made for a great "man" card. =) The stampin' girls enjoyed making this one and some changed it into a Father's Day card. I liked the birthday theme because I always struggle with not putting frilly things on guys cards. I used buckaroo blue and chocolate chip. The Linen Background stamp was stamped in buckaroo blue on the card base and tehn the pocket stamp was stamped with basic black. The "Happy Birthday" in the pocket is from Birthday Best and the words on the pocket are stamped on Marigold Morning and are from Amazing to Zany. The belt loops are made with the word window bunch and then the black dashes were drawn on. Ribbon is Stampin' Up! grosgrain in navy and taupe.
The second card was a layout posted in April by Michelle Wooderson which she dubbed "tent toppers". I love this design because it is interesting and it still fits in a standard card envelope and you can stand it up on a table. So, here is the card I came up with for this layout. We used the Doodle This stamp set (because as you know I am in love with this set and if it's not in the new catalog....I am going to be very UPSET!) The card base is Marigold Morning and the topper base is Cameo coral. I used both the Office Accoutrement flower and the Doodle This flower for the topper. They Doodle flower is watercolored with the ink pad and an aquapainter and has a bling in the center. The other flower is stamped in cool carribean. I also stamped the swirly from Doodle This is Marigold Morning to match the paper and then a saying from Office Accoutrement in Basic Brown stamped off once. The ribbon is turquois grosgrain from SU.
There is a theme here, in case you haven't found it yet. Most of the sets are retiring or going away in a couple of weeks as are all of the in colors which I chose to take advantage of.
We made this Thank You card (which could also be considered man-ish) with the Natural Beauty set. The bird is embossed in gold and then watercolored with the watercolor crayons. In class we used the pastels and it worked also. I used the Certainly Celery DSP from the Pallete O' Prints (which will be coming out in the new catalog) for the small strip and the bird is mounted on Certainly Celery to Match. The card base is chocolate chip and the matching ink was used to stamp the saying twice along the edge.
I used the spring moss grosgrain ribbon and the "thank you" is from the All Natural set. I lined the inside of the card with Very Vanilla CS.
My personal favorite was this "girlfriends" card using the Girlfriends set. The card base is Pixie Pink and the saying is stamped one shade darker in Pink Passion. A strip of chocolate chip is on the side which I punched out using the 1/4" punch up the edge
to give it a 'groovy' feel. I drew in the dots and checks with my gel pen and then added a piece of green galore. I coordinated that behind the girlfriends (which I colored with the markers) and then added 'celebrate' from All Year Cheer II stamped in versamark and the pearlized with Pink Flamingo pearlex. I love the colors on this one.

The last design was also CASE'd from Cambria who borrowed it from Julie. I love those girls...they make the CA-UTEST stuff. Swear! Anyway. The shirt is origami folded and you can find out how here. I again used the paper from the Palette O' Prints promo in the So Saffron color. The zipper tie was made from this paper ribbon stuff that I found at Archiver's which is also SO FUN! The card base is brocade blue (even though the picture looks a little bright). The yellow strip is a scrap leftover from the shirt and the happy is from Polka Dots and Paisley's as is the Paisley in the background. Old Olive is the green and the "father's day" is from everyday flexible phrases.
Enjoy the weekend and I will hopefully have some retired loot posted it for you in the next day or so.
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones