Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Cards

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. I hope you are having a great day. I have the greatest hubby in the world in case you were wondering. I spent yesterday (most of the day) with my mom and aunt getting pedicures and going to lunch. I decided to stop into a little scrapbooking store on in north Denver that I had been wanting to check out. The bad news, they are going out of business. The good news (for me) is that everything was 40% off. I went a little ribbon crazy you might say. But, I just had to. I will have to take a picture of all the purty ribbon I found while I was there. I also got some other odds and ends for the boys scrapbooks and some bling blings. I can't leave without bling. huh?!? DH didn't say a word, just said he didn't want to know and Happy Mom's day. All this after I had begged to go to convention earlier in the week. Even though it will be a financial stretch and lots of schedule juggling...he just said "go and have fun, I know you have been looking forward to it!" As Em would say MWAH MWAH MWAH! I will tell you more about convention another day. hee hee!!!

Then today I woke up and he made me french toast and had a nicely wrapped little present that he had hand stamped the wrapping paper with my 5-year-old for. They even used a retiring set (Roses in Winter) all on their own. (The box was even round!) They are so smart!!! How nice was that? My DS1 wrote the whole card out on his own and even signed his brother's names for them. How sweet huh? Here's the pic

and here's what was inside!

Sadly, I have been on the computer doing hubby's business paperwork almost all afternoon. But, since he'll be heading out of town at the end the week....I had to do it while he was here to watch the monkeys. Not my favorite activity, especially on Mother's Day. But, what are you gonna do?

I did manage to find time this week to make Mom's day cards for friends and family...so I thought I would take a minute to post them. Enjoy!
This card was made with the Doodle This stamp set which is in the current mini catalog (if you don't own this yet, I would highly recommend getting it before the catalog expires at the end of June!) Stamped in Stazon Black ink on Whisper White CS and then watercolored with the Watercolor Wonder crayons. The background paper is from one of the "stacks" that you can get at Joann and different places. I can't remember which one, but it's probably spring because it looks pretty springy. The flower is mounted on Buckaroo Blue CS (also going away in a little over a month) and the base of the card is made out of Apricot Appeal. I tore the edge of the card and then added a strip to the inside bottom of the background paper. The bling bling in the middle is from Hobby Lobby or Joann. I can't remember which. I was using some of my stash for these. =) The ribbon is SU pink gingham check. The little phrase at the bottom is from Curvy Verses. It's the top line of the stamp.
This card was made with the Love Without End stamp set
(which is retiring BTW) stamped in Taken With Teal on Whisper White CS. The 'mom' in the center is from Fancy Flexible Phrases which was in the previous mini catalog. I really hope these make it into the new catalog because I love love love them. The flower is stamped with apricot appeal to match the card base. The background paper is again from the "spring" stack. The love is from Wonderful Words stamp set again, stamped in Taken With Teal. The "happy days" phrase at the bottom is stamped in Taken With Teal and Apricot appeal and come from the Happy Everything set. The fiber is from the old SU fibers that we sold when they came in sets. I also put crystal effects over the "mom" in the middle of the flower to give it a glassy look.



This is the card I made for my mom yesterday. Again I used the "spring stack" from Joann for the background paper. This time daisies. I put a piece of Very Vanilla over it and stamped out the phrase "so happy you're my mom" by using Fancy Flexible Phrases and Amazing to Zany - in Rose Red and then used the Hostess Set "love it" to stamp a heart over it in barely banana. The card base is also rose red. The prima flower I got from my LSS about a year ago during a sale. I love sales!!! The ribbon is from the Prep School pack of ribbon by SU. The middle is again the Fancy Flexible Phrases "my mom" stamped on vanilla in rose red, punched out with the 3/4" circle punch and placed under a clear button.

Happy day to you all and I hope you get a chance to stamp! =)




1 comment:

Kari C said...

You are the best-est friend EVER!! Thank you for the card! DH got a card at the car wash-then said he didn't have time to sign it.........'scuse me??? So I said he could have it back for next year!! sheesh.......but I did get my Ipod!! lol I luv your stuff and wish I was closer so we could play more often........mwuah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones