I can't believe it, I actually got tagged by someone...which means someone other than my friend "Kari and the Sunshine Band" actually reads my blog. Woohoo! The deal is that I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and then send you to some new blogs. So here you go.
1. I have been a Stampin' Up! demo for four years and quickly became addicted after the first workshop I went to (or rather was drug to) and spent hours looking at the catalog. I thought the demonstrator might want to throttle me. Anyhoo....I still like Stampin' Up! but in the last few months decided to branch out in some other directions. I am enjoying expanding my creative circle
2. I am the mom of three very busy little boys. Ages 5, 2 and 2. Yep you read that right 2, count em' again 2 2-year-olds. I never thought I would be the mom of so many boys and still don't get the "must destroy" boy thing. Why must they hit things with their head? Break things into a million pieces? Pound on fancy furniture....color on things with permanent marker? Why can't they sit and play nicely with dolls or something? Yeah right! So....here's the crazy part....I'm still hoping for a girl.
3. I am completely and totally addicted to chocolate. There's no denying it. If there's chocolate in the house....I will hoard it and not share. It's sad actually. My favs are of course M&Ms, godiva flat square thingys, rocher, those fancy pants dove chocolates with the nice sayings inside and of my favorite of all time is this german chocolate my mom brought back from Germany last summer and it is conspicuously hidden in the far corners of the freezer so that I don't have to share. Shhhh it's our secret.
4. I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with hodgkins-lymphoma in 1993 and went through chemotherapy. I have been fully recovered for almost 14 years. I am a better person for going through the experience, and it made me who I am today. I am truly grateful to everyone who saved my life and feel blessed to be alive.
5. I love being a SAHM. I love watching my kids grow up right before my eyes and cry sometimes when I see how fast they are growing. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with them and not work (even when they are climbing the walls). I had another job once that paid lots of money, I got to wear nice clothes, travelled, ate out all the time and I actually sounded like someone with a higher education. I hated it and wouldn't trade this job for that one no matter what the pay.
6. I have the greatest husband in the world. Although he thinks the stamping thing is a little out of control, he would never suggest that I lay off my obsession for awhile. He jokes and says I should practice some self control....but eh....why? He is my best friend and I am so so lucky!
7. Okay, you know those people with the really tidy and well groomed stamped rooms? They post all their purty pictures of their organization on Splitcoast and on their blogs? I am SOOO jealous of them. I am not them. I will never be them. The "bunker" is named the "bunker" because it looks like a bomb went off down there. I really try to clean it up, but then I start another project and well....it's just not pretty. I have also been told recently that I do not share my stamping space well. Apparently, word on the street is....sure come to my house to stamp, but bring your own table. I don't think this is funny. True. But not funny. My DH also thinks it's amazing that I can create anything because he doesn't understand how I can find anything on the table when I am stamping. Huh! How rude! Someday I will post pictures of the bunker and then you will be able to feel so un-envious of my disorganization. You will feel so good about your stamping organization that you may even take pity on me and come over and organize my space. Bwahahahahahahhaha!!!
There you have it. So...first I would like to thank the Academy....I mean....the other person that reads my blog....Lorien for nominating me (I mean tagging). Second I would like to tag the following blogs because they haven't been tagged (at least I couldn't find evidence of such) Bloggabella (she has the greatest stamps and has a new winobella -this could be me-and some cutie patootie fella bellas...am I gushing?) Sarah's Inky Fingers which I just found and she has kuh-yute stuff on her blog, The Polka Dot Spot (a new blogger....with really cute stuff) and the Paper Boutique because she is a funny funny girl and I LOOOVVVEEE her stuff!
The thunder is starting to roll so I am off to stamp. Maybe I will have somethin' purty for ya tomorrow. Happy Friday and as always, Happy Stamping!